1. PLAN AND DISCUSSIt’s important that you and your partner or family are on the same page when it comes to your desires, must-haves, needs and design choices for your renovation project. This helps us develop the right plan of action that satisfies all parties.
2. STEPS TO TAKE PRIOR TO CONTACTING A RENOVATION COMPANY
3. COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CONTRACTORTo avoid any problems, you should communicate with your contractor on a regular basis and schedule weekly site meetings. During the renovation process, it is common for homeowners to request changes or additional work. Change orders will affect and delay your project; it’s important to have a signed change order for all changes made. Any changes made to the project should be added to your contract.
4. ADDRESS TIMELINESA successful renovation starts with extensive planning, which takes time to do right. Our planning process takes approximately six weeks to complete before any work can begin. Knowing this ahead of time can help you prepare in advance how best to coordinate your schedule to accommodate your renovation’s timeline.
5. SCHEDULE MOVERSBefore construction can begin, not only should the area being renovated be emptied and cleared of all objects and items but so should the pathway leading to that area. In some cases, this may require hiring movers and renting storage for furniture and appliances.
6. ACCOMODATIONSWe recommend homeowners make alternative living arrangements during construction if your renovation entails extensive work and demolition. Although containment chambers are created to stop dust from migrating throughout your home, dust and noise will continue be an issue throughout construction. Typically, mechanics such as electricity, heating and the water supply are also shut off during construction, which can be a significant inconvenience to homeowners as well. Labour costs also tend to increase due to end-of-day clean ups, which are necessary to maintain a safe living environment.
A retaining wall isn't a complicated structure - but it does need to be properly maintained. Don't let a small project become a big problem. Read More...
Great weekend on the water in #Gananoque. Nice to relax with the family when we're off the job site! Read More...