The Holmes Foundation's Make It Right® Bursaries are designed to assist students who need financial assistance to obtain training for a career in residential construction or renovation.
Every academic year The Holmes Foundation will award up to ten bursaries to students entering or enrolled in a residential construction program at a Canadian college or university. The bursaries, each valued at $1,500 will be awarded up to five male students and up to five female students.
The bursaries will be awarded in trust to the students who are judged by The Holmes Foundation who demonstrate both a commitment to a career in residential renovation or construction and a need for financial assistance to obtain training. The bursaries can be used to pay for tuition, books and/or tools.
Please note that applications received after June 14, 2013 will not be considered.
The Holmes Foundation would like to congratulate the 2012 Make It Right® Bursary recipients:
• Shawn D. D. Lawrence, Carpentry, New Brunswick Community College
• Adriana Bogaard, Electrical Foundation (Pre-Apprentice), Selkirk College
• Karen Schmit, 4th Year Electrical - Journeyman & Red Seal, Grande Prairie Regional College
• Mirjana Apci, Architectural Technician, George Brown College
• Melissa Blais, Civil Engineering Technology, Northern College
• Cody Perry, Carpentry, Nova Scotia Community College
• Deepesh Bissoonauth, BAT Construction Science and Management, George Brown College
• Malcom Pyett, Heritage Carpentry and Joinery, George Brown College